Sunday, November 4, 2012

Ally McBeal vs Jack Handy

I follow my sister's blog religiously, generally it is how I spend my 2 minutes at lunch inhaling my food while reading her thoughts. Today I laughed as I read her posting about Jack Handy worthy thoughts at: http://17gon.blogspot.com/2012/11/thoughts.html

I laugh because too often I am entirely way too amused by my own thoughts. For me however I'm torn between "Deep Thoughts" of the Jack Handy variety and the neurotic Ally McBeal style musings. It is this mixture of emotions that binds me with some of my closest friends. Our ability to share looks, or for me to start humming *circus music* and we are immediately bound in understanding our day, the situation whatever.

There are days where I wear my iPod around the hospital and literally have my own soundtrack for the day, there are others where random movie quotes are floating like clouds across my thoughts. At any rate, I am always amused. I'm not so certain others would be if they were privy, but this makes me wonder, am I alone with my internal dialogues *cue Meredith Grey voice over* or is this normal? Is my normal, actually dysfunction and is this dysfunction actually normal so everyone truly is dysfunctional?

(Please note, I'm fully aware that this is both normal and dysfunctional and oh jeez, see this is the shit I was talking about on my FB post, if you don't know me well enough to read this stuff and get my sense of humor, please just unfriend me.)

*cue Steward Smalley "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and gosh darn it people like me."

So I was watching Ava and her friend over this weekend and to listen in on 5 year old dialogue was insane. It appears they say what they are thinking which is great but makes me wonder what are they thinking when they are actually silent?

Do we really want to know? Or is it just Homer Simpson and a circus monkey uni-cycling around in his brain?

Oy, out of the three, Ally McBeal, Jack Handy and Stewart Smalley, I think I am strangely content with Ally.

Which leads me to the question of diagnosing the 3 of them and gosh darn it, I just do not have the energy to do that this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment